Saturday morning, I competed in the Super Spartan. It's an 8 mile obstacle race with all kinds of annoying ways to work your body. And what can I say? The race was everything I hoped for and more. And I feel like a rock star for running and finishing it!
Up at 5:30am. 44 degrees and raining. Hard. Yikes. Drove the hour and a half north to Temecula. More rain, and the temperature dropped down to 40. Arrived at the race site and thought, "what have I signed myself up for?!"
Our heat went off at 10am. And then we "enjoyed":
* A quick run along the lake
* A jump over the fire wall
* A blast from a fire hose and a dash through the cold water
* A couple of miles of crazy hills
* Serious, straight-up hill climbing
* An "Over, Under, Through" Wall
* A balance beam
* A muddy crawl under barbed wire
* More crazy hills
* An 8 foot wall
* A mad dash down the hill to the main area below
* Spear tossing into a target
* A cargo net climb
* A traversing wall
* Back up the mountain for more hills to climb
* And running along the backside of the lake
* And the downhills were steep
* More running on the back hills
* A 50 yard, tarp covered mud, rock and gravel crawl
* Dash back down the hill to the main area below
* Dead-weight lift
* Water bucket carry and tire obstacle
* Water obstacle
* Mental challenge with Rubik's Cube
* Slick mud wall
* Spartan fighters at the end
* A total of 8 miles of running
And all throughout, we had changing weather... rain, icy winds, then later, sunshine. It felt like a little bit of everything weather wise, and I loved it!
It was an amazing adventure and we will definitely run it again next year.
Post a Comment